Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnected call issue

minfonet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem with CM 7.1.3. When incoming call through FXO port in MGCP gateway is hang up by the caller, status of softphone is still connected. The softphone user hear disconnect tone and i checked the MGCP gateway using show voice port summary, FXO port is already on-hook(the call is already cleared). I wonder why the status of call in softphone is still connected although MGCP gateway is already cleared the call. Does anybody have idea?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Marcos Assakawa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like the FXO port is not detecting the disconnect from the PSTN and it is keep the connection up until the IP Phone disconnect the call. If the interface is configure as loop start, you may want to check with the Service Provider if the can provide "Power Denial" . Another alternative would be ground start.  Here is a good link to better understand FXO Disconnect: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml#topic4  I hope this helps.  Marcos

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

you need to adjust the frequency and cadence values as per your country

what is your country ??

Hi all,

I'm a friend of minfonet. when i checked the gateway using show voice port summary, the result is FXO port is already hang up. But the softphone is still connected. I think there is something wrong with signaling between CM and MGCP gateway.

I'm using CM in Indonesia.

Thanks.

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, if 'sh voice call sum' shows the port as onhook, but the  call is still up on the VoIP side, then it isn't a FXO disconnect  supervision issue, and there is something else going on here.

You should get this output as a call is disconnected, and see if the NTFY for the FXO port being hung up is sent to CM, and see if CM sends the DLCX back.

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

debug mgcp pack

-Steve Holl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: