Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discover IP of MGCP gateway

I have just come into a new organization and things are a bit of a mess here.  I have been doing some discovery on one of their CUCM clusters and many of the gateways are setup as MGCP. I need to access the gateways but cannot figure out what the actual IP addresses of these gateways are.  Nobody here seems to have any idea and I need to collect this information  The gateways are spread over a large geographical area and nobody even seems to know what sites they are at.  Is there any way from CUCM (version 9.1) to figure out the IP address of an MGCP gateway?  Also the name of these gateways were not configured in DNS so I cannot look it up that way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At CUCM admin GUI go to Device -> Gateway and click See Endpoints at the MGCP gateway of your interest. On the last column you will find the IP address that the gateway uses to register to CUCM.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At CUCM admin GUI go to Device -> Gateway and click See Endpoints at the MGCP gateway of your interest. On the last column you will find the IP address that the gateway uses to register to CUCM.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hey Georgios,

Thanks for the reply.  Currently when I do this both the Status and the IP Address are listed as "Unknown" for all the MGCP devices although the seem to be working.  I was told by someone who has been here for a while that these did previously show the IP Address so not sure doing a reset on the device would bring it back.

Wondering if these were moved to H.323/SIP at some point and the MGCP config left in place? I don't see how a gateway with status/IP of Unknown could be working. Take a look at your route pattern/route list/route group config and/or use DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) to trace the path of a call and see if calls are actually being routed through the MGCP gateway.

Brandon

For some reason this is just showing unknown still.  I was able to get to each one physically and pull the IP address off of them.  I am thinking the version I am running must have a bug as I am still on 9.1 CUCM.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

alternatively, use the hostname of the mgcp gateway and do an nslookup.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the reply! unfortunately who ever created these didn't actually get them setup in DNS so nslookup cannot find them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: