cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display caller name throug personal address book.

I am using call manager 7.x and integrting with a thrid party legacy PBX, that PBX system is forwarding digits but not caller name, can I load persoanl address book on all phone sets so when user get call from PBX system, it will translate phone number to caller name and dispaly the caller name instead of phone number.

Or is there any other solution?

Regards,

Hassan.

8 Replies 8

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Hassan

Unfortunately not. This is not something that CUCM does natively which is a shame as it is something that CUCME has been able to do for many years.

If your gateway is configured as H.323 then there is a Cisco supplied TCL script that can perform this function.

HTH. Barry

For H3.23 integration, a card is requried, that is not available for that PABX in the market, really its make life difficult and required such intelligent feature, that can solve a lot integration issues with thrid party exachanges, using BAT tool we can load address books on phone sets or through outlook or active directory synshronization, we could get our objective, in fact we need a feature like mobile phone, where adress book works for us.

What is meant as 'having H.323', is that you you use H.323 or SIP between CM and GW, not PABX.

I'm not sure about the cisco script (which one, Barry?) however my script for the purpose (number2name) can be acquired at www.ciscoscripts.com

Hi Paolo

The TCL script I've used before is one called "modify_name.tcl". I've attached it to this post.

This is available from Cisco's TCLware download site.

HTH. Barry

Thanks, I had never seen it before...

names are configured as service parameters.. doesn't appears to be very scalable

Hi Paolo

Yes, you're right. It's pretty ugly to configure and "out of the box" can only support (from memory) 200 names. I did hack the script to increase this, and I also had to write my own script to generate the service parameters in the correct format.

It also seems to create an issue if the target number you are dialling is at the other end of a SIP trunk from CUCM. I'm not sure why, but the call gets rejected. I've never really had the time to look into why.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Do you have a link to the site - I have tried searching CCO and Googling without success.

Thanks

Hi James

Looks like it's (yet) another link that has been broken with the new code download process on CCO. 

It used to be at www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/tclware

This doesn't exist any more though.

I've got a (slightly old) archive of the TCL scripts. PM if you want a copy. 

HTH. Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: