Views
Helpful
Replies

Display External Caller ID on Forwarded mobile phone

maissiat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I saw a lot of discussions on the same topic , but never found an answer.

So we have a CCM 5.x and a voice gateway 3725 with a PRI line

When we use the cfwAll to a mobile phone or external phone  the Caller ID is not displayed on the mobile phone , the main number is .

I've test a lot of configuration but still do not work .

I also ask my telco and they say we have to setup our CCM to allow transmitting of caller id  to forwarded phone.

On each Route pattern we have the Caller ID Presentation set to Allowed

We do not translation pattern.

Gateway on CCM is configured as standard (Originator, Allowed , Cisco Call Manager) at Call Routing Information level, also Display IE Delivery

It is a basic configuration

Maybe there is a conf to add into our Gateway. I have joined our ios config

So if some one has an idea,

Thanks a lot

MCH

4 Replies 4

Maissiat,

On the gateway page in CUCM, under outbound calls, you need to select the "Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound" check box and then reset the gateway.   You'll need to check with your Telco provider to see if they'll allow this however.

Thanks,

Glenn

One potential problem worth noting if you choose to allow redirecting number on outbound calls.   This can cause unexpected problems with certain far end voicemail systems when their gateway is set to allow redirecting number inbound.   In this scenario, if the call ring no answers into voicemail, the far end voicemail system may look at the redirecting number and try to put the caller into that voicemail box (which won't exist).   The result is that you may find that on some calls, you may not be able to leave a message in someone's mailbox.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

THnaks for your answer, but this option is already checked. I m also sure it is a Telco problem

Thanks a lot

MCH

Hi Glenn,

SO I call again my Telco , they said that they allow caller id to be redirected  (it is transparant) . SO Do you now if there is sometinh else have to check on my CCM or on my Gateway . Today I tried to do some voice translation rule to modify the type and plan to national and isdn . We no success.

If aou have any ideas , their are welcome

Thanks

MCH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: