Views
Helpful
Replies

Display initial calling number on a device being forwarded the call to

riderfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

HI everyone,

I would like to ask... currently I am using CM v11.5. I turned on the phone forwarding on my desk phone (8851) so all calls calling to my ext will forward to my cell.

Here is what happen. If someone from outside calls my desk phone number, it will forward to my cell certainly. But the calling number is not displayed as the initial calling number. Instead, it displayed as my company number. How do I correct this?

Example: Caller A with number 415-111-1111 calls my desk phone 650-123-4567.  My desk phone will forward to my cell 408-888-8888. Now on my cell, I get call...but it shows as 650-123-4567 instead of the calling number 415-111-1111.

How do I configure or correct this?

Thank you for your help.

Takami Chiro

16 Replies 16

Hi Dalton, and Roger, and everyone,

Good morning! I am sorry to keep you posted late on this... I got into another project and been busy with that. The instructions you provided is very helpful! The "originate" box is the place to check. But it seems like our Telco company blocking it...that is why we could only see our trunk number. When a call be forwarded to another device, it skips the ip phone and no call history be found. So another challenge now is to figure who has called. We have BillyBlue but we may have to configure it correctly for individual to sign in and get what they need.

Thank you again for all your help. I really appreciate it. Take care at home, and hope our normal living be resumed soon.

Takami Chiro

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can change the Calling party selection on the Gateway/trunk config page on CUCM, from 'Last Redirect Number to 'originator'

NB: Depending on your Telco/ITSP they may or may not allow an external CLI for calls like this

Also you will need to reset your trunk if it's a SIP trunk after making the change

Please rate all useful posts