Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Name or Description in IPPhone Display

At the moment I am using CUCM 8.6. I have registered 3 IPPhones 9971, 7975 and 7925 wireless.

I want to add an Username or a description beside the Extension number in the IPPhones display. However I do not find the option into the CUCM.

Thank you in advanced.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the Directory Number configuration page change the "Line Text Label" filed.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris for your answer but I do not find any "Line Text Label"  at Call Routing -> Directory Number -> Find

(Selecting a device configuration)...

I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advanced.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to locate it by going through device --> phone and then searching by DN for example.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Carlos,

Use of Line Text Lable :

Use this field only if you do not want the directory number to show on the line appearance.

This menu can be accessed from Device --> Phones --> Find ur directory number --> Click go to Device page and then line page...

When it is not filled the CUCM will show the directory number as display for line appearance. Like below....(i.e My directory number is 3573257)

Now i am going to change the Line Text Label as below.

Now after this change in Line Text Label my CISCO IP Phone display will be changed as below.

Hope this is helpful :-)

Kulasekara Raja. K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: