cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display of dialed digits in CDR

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've run across something that has me scratching my head a bit.  In the older windows versions of CallManager, the CDR contained the original dialed digits the caller entered when placing a phone call.  We have a number of clients who implemented systems for using external systems to pick up client matter codes by have the caller dial things like 9[10 digit client matter code].1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

The system would strip pre dot, but the original dialed digits were retained in the CDR when it dropped, and could be subsequently processed by the client's billing system.

In the Linux versions (at least in versions 7.x and 8.x), this doesn't work this way.  It records the digits processed through in the CDR, and drops anything that was stripped. 

I've been unable to find any service parameter that would make this work.  While the optimal solution would be to get the customer to use CUCM's built in CMC functionality, the customer's employee's are heavily resistant to changing things. 

Has anyone run across this and found a solution to getting the original dialed number to display in the CDR the way the older Windows versions did?

1 Reply 1

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I was able to resolve this in spite of not receiving any responses here, and not locating any documentation on this.

The CDR documentation leads one to believe that the digits in the CDR are what was actually handed off for the endpoints to process.  This is not completely true.

The CDR will contain the users dialed digits as modified by the route pattern.  As long as digit manipulation/stripping/etc. is done at the Route List/Route Group level, and no manipulation is done on the route pattern itself, the full dialed digit string will appear in the CDR.

I can't mark my own question as answered, but that's the final answer. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: