Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying a name as opposed to CLI

Phill Manning
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Using CUCM 7.1 and I would like the ability of specific known inbound calls via the gateway, to display a name i.e. John Smith, as opposed to the CLI.

Does anyone know if this is possible??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Phill.

7 Replies 7

ryabenne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phil,

What exactly do you mean by this question? The CUCM will populate information within the CCM service traces that will provide both the calling party name and number (assuming T1/PRI) and then you can get the information that way. I don't think I'm answering your question totally, but I need more information from you to determine what exactly we need to do for this issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the reply Ryan, sorry for not explaining myself better.

My knowledge is fairly limited but what I would like to do is get Cisco to evaluate the CLI on an incoming call and based on the CLI, display a name on the Telephone. i.e. if I called in from my mobile 07917 123456 to a deskphone, as oppopsed to 07917 123456 appearing on the deskphone, it would instead show my name.

On a mobile phone or on a home analogue phone, the way of doing this is to create 07917 123456 within a 'phone book'  and assign a name to the number. I really don't think it's possible on Cisco but I'd like to be proven wrong.

thanks

Phill.

Hi Phill,

I've sucessfully implemented Single Number Reach/Remote destination Profiles on our cluster. When a user who has a user profile/DN on the cluster dials in from their mobile phone the phone actually displays the name and number that is configured on their deskphone instead of their mobile number.

You could use this technique to achieve what you want, but it's a lot of work!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

That's exactly what I'm looking for! This will only apply to a few numbers, so are you able to provide any further help on creating a single number destination profile?

Thanks

Phill.

Hi Phill,

It's a big subject and I do not know how you wish it to be set up, so the following documentation instructs you on how to configure the Remote Destination profile, associate it with a user profile and set up the remote destinations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1125176

Cheers,

Phil

Phil,

I'm getting a forbidden file or application error under that link which could be something to do with my access rights.

I'll ask my Cisco account manager if he can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Phill.

Apologies for that, I was logged into cisco.com at the time!

Try this link it should work for you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsdevmob.html

Cheers,

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: