Views
Helpful
Replies

DLUs & CUWL ???

cparkinson3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to order some DLUs for a CUCM 7.1, all the docs I read are pointing me to CUWL and the CUWL page seems to contain just marketing matelrial.

Can anyone poitn me to any docs that show how DLUs and CUWL are related and how CUWL works?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ryabenne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

I had another customer come in with the same question...ultimately they are one in the same. They came up with a different way to name the license files, but you still need your standard licenses to get everything started on your CUCM server. You will always need a node license, software feature, and DLU's to register the phones you want to use. This being said, I haven't figured out how a customer should ask for DLU's other than just say "I want XX number of DLU's."  In the end, just chat with your AM/SE or whomever sells you the licenses and find out how to acquire the number of DLU's that you need. Don't be confused about CUWL and DLU's.

Ryan

Thanks, so where can I find an ordering guide that maps DLU/CUWL to SKUs?

Thanks

Chris

11 DLUs for STD or 17 DLUs for PRO is supposedly the guidelines for it. They might sell it to you on a "user" basis but that is what it corresponds to.

Ryan

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chris

There are two ways of licensing CUCM 7.1(5) and higher. CUWL and the newer User Connect Licensing (UCL). DLUs are NOT available for purchase on a 7.1(5) or indeed 8.X system.

CUWL is designed for use when you want to license multiple applications at the same time (e.g. CUCM, Unity Connection, CCX, CUPS).

If you just want to license users on CUCM, UCL is cheaper and the way to go. UCL licensing is user based.

This should help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2010552

HTH. Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: