Views
Helpful
Replies

DMTF ISSUE Ony One Location

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

I am facing DTMF issue specifically from SPAIN location. We are having Cisco Contact center express setup with basic IVR. After office hours calls from the SPAIN redirected to HQ. For example when user dial spain toll free number after office hours it comes to HQ it plays the IVR. During the IVR when user press 1 or any digit it not accepting the digit..But for all other location its working fine. We noticed some SPAIN users calls from mobile phone to toll free number same issue happening. How i can diagonse the issue?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siva,

For such issues you first need to get a details topology / call-flow as the dtmf related settings can be configured on various places like gateways & trunks and the type of protocol and endpoint capabilities will determine what kind of dtmf needs to be configured. Generally this issue is due to incorrect dtmf config on dial-peers and trunks or due to an issue with allocation of MTP resources needed to handle dtmf mismatch.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Call flow is simple SPAIN PSTN-->After office hours --> HQ PSTN-->(VG)-H.323->CUCM-->CTI(UCCX)-->Agent

As i mentioned there is no issue locally or all other locations users dial from Mobile or IPPhone . only issue with Spain location.In HQ Mtp is properly associated.

Hi Siva,

More details are needed, specially the first part that you mentioned "SPAIN PSTN-->After office hours --> HQ PSTN-" , is it H323 as well?

Can you share the dtmf config on the dial-peers and the h323 gateway configured on cucm?

Did it ever work? If yes, and it suddenly stopped working without any config changes then you may try a reset of the h323 gateway. Else, along with the info requested you will need the detailed callmanager service traces from cucm and debug voice ccapi inout from the gateways involved.

Manish