cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN not forwarding after becoming unassigned

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I'm finding odd behavior from Communications Manager, where occasionally an unassociated directory number won't respond.

Scenario is I delete a phone that has a DN associated to it, then I find that same DN in call routing, directory number. I activate the DN and enter a forward all destination. Now when dialing that number it's about 50/50 if it's actually going to forward or not. In cases that it doesn't deactivating/activating the DN usually gets it working, but occasionally I have to add the DN to a dummy device to get it to start working. It does this a bit less in version 11 than it did in versions 9 and 10 but is there some way to get this to stop happening?

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I have not experienced this myself, but if it's randomly working, it kind of sounds like a round robin resource allocation issue.

I would encourage you to pull CallManager logs from both a working and a non-working call and analyze them to see how they are different. You can use TranslatorX (http://translatorx.org/) to assist you in reviewing the logs.