Views
Helpful
Replies

DN Not Reaching VoiceMail

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I have a phone that I've been working on, that I can't seem to get working properly.

The Phone is a "Cisco IP Phone 7941" (which doesn't really matter for this, I don't think) but anyway, whenever someone calls the Phone

it just rings and rings, and never reaches voicemail.

Could the Directory Number being associated with a "Line Group" prevent the call from ever reaching voicemail. Because my phone works

just fine, and the only real difference in the configuration between my phone and this other phone is that the other one is associated

with a "Line Group"...? There may be a few other slight differences, but mainly we're configured the same.

If the User forwards his phone to VoiceMail, then yes, he can get voicemails. So I can rule out that he doesn't not have a VoiceMail Box...

If anyone has any suggestions for where I can check, that would be great!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Whats the CUCM version? are you using Voicemail profiles? is the CSS used for CFdAll same as CSS for CFd No answer? did you try specifying the max ring timer?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gaurav Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Whats the CUCM version? are you using Voicemail profiles? is the CSS used for CFdAll same as CSS for CFd No answer? did you try specifying the max ring timer?

Hey Gaurav, thanks for your reply.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had been dealing with a crisis for a few days here...

Anyway, here's that info you asked for:

CUCM:  Version 8.0.3.21900-8

Are you using voicemail profiles?

Yes, I believe so. But we just use a Default profile for everyone.

Is the CSS used for CFdAll same as CSS for CFd No answer?

Humm... Looking at the Line for the phone in question, under "Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings" only the

first 3 "lines" are set to something. This could possibly be the issue.

I'll try adding those Calling Search Spaces for "Forward No Answer ( Internal / External )"  and hopefully that

will filx the problem...

Did you try specifying the max ring timer?

Yes, I changed that to a few different values but it didn't chnage anything...

I have a feeling that it's probably the CFwd's CSS's so hopefully if I add those it will fix the issue...

Thanks Again,

Matt

Adding the Correct CSS for the CallFwd Options for the DN corrected the problem and now after 20 seconds the call will go to voicemail...!

Thanks Again Gaurav for pointing me in the right direction!!

Thanks Again,

Matt