Views
Helpful
Replies

DND between Jabber and Phones do not sync

Paul Freiberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

if I understood correct, I should be able to set "do not disturb" on Jabber and the associated device should also go in the "do not disturb" state and vice versa?!

If it should go, there is a bug?

UCM/IMP 11.5(1)SU4, Jabber4Win/-Android/-iPhone 11.9.3

Paul

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber to devices yes, you should get DND.

IP Phone to Jabber NO, you won't get DND.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi @Jaime Valencia

thanks for your fast response. There is a depending configuration to be able to set Do Not Disturb from jabber to associated device? It is controlled via CTI.

Paul

No, make sure all the user/line/device association are in place, I'm not even controlling the device via CTI, it's just my shared line and I do get DND from Jabber

HTH

java

Hi @Jaime Valencia,

it works for me too if I set Do Not Disturb on my Jabber CSF device.

Then my deskphone and my BOT are set to DND but not my DX80...

I do not know why, but after I did it on my CSF Jabber, I am able to set DND on my Jabber which controls my deskphone via CTI and it also set my phone and all other die DND.

Now it works like you wrote. From Jabber I can set it to all devices but not from deskphone.

There are any plans make it possible from deskphone?

Best Regards

Paul

it doesn't work for me.When I am enabling DND on  TCT device, it doesn't get cascaded to other devices.Similarly when DND is enabled on BOT device, calls still come through on BOT device.

Jaime, will the same behavior occur with the Centralized IM&P?

I don't know, I have not tested that scenario. My assumption is that you'd get the same behavior if you have a shared line.

HTH

java

Well. my 1st attempt through and it is not the case. Setting Jabber to DND did not change the desk phone. I was hoping you had a definitive yes or no before I head down the troubleshooting route.

Hi there

Hope you are using jabber 11.9 as this is documented in the New and Changed Feature section.

When a user manually sets the IM Presence status as Do Not Disturb from the Cisco Jabber client, then the status is cascaded down to all the phone devices that are owned by the particular user.

However, if the user manually sets the status as Do Not Disturb from any of the phone devices, then the status is not cascaded to any of the phone devices that are owned by that particular user.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber_preface_00.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Yes, We have that and it worked when the IM&P server was part of the same CUCM Cluster. it stopped working whn we migrated to a central IM&P as outlined here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/12_0_1/cup0_b_config-admin-guide-imp-1201/cup0_b_config-admin-guide-imp-1201_chapter_011000.html

Hi there

Couldn't find any mentioning about the DND and IMP Centralized issue. Worth try restarting the the Presence Engine Service which is responsible for DND cascading and pull out Presence Engine logs for further troubleshooting

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi

check if you are hitting into:

CSCvp68391    Jabber DND not cascaded to associated Deskphones

Regards

Andrea

Yes, Cisco confirmed the defect a while back and created it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: