cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNIS MAP or multiple DID on CTI route point

DrVoIP
Level 1
Level 1

In other systems that I have worked with, it is possible to map a DNIS number to an extension number such that they could be different numbers.  By this I mean, if I want to map 702-945-6683 to 1234 rather than 6683 how do I do this?  

Also is there a DNIS map in CUCM that allows you to map multiple DID nubmers to the same extension number?  Hopefully also pass a friendly text ID along with it?  For example, 1-800-HELPME1 and 1-800-TEACHME both ring the same device?

I have a CTI route point that always call fowards to a Call Handler in Unity.   I need to map other DID numbers to that same CTI route point so that I reach the same Caller Handler.

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Translation patterns are a separate configuration element under the Call Routing menu. They take one pattern and translate it to another along with a new CSS to locate the final destination. In your example you would need to have a translation pattern for 6683 with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 1234 (assuming you're on a four-digit addressing plan). I can't speak to the appropriate Route Partition or CSS name that should be used; only you (or your system integrator) know how the system was built.

There is no concept of a DNIS map other than the use of translation patterns to map pattern A to B. You could have as many translation patterns pointing the same final destination as you desire. If you want to display text (e.g. Help Desk: ProductA vs. ProductB) you most commonly use a Hunt Pilot/List/Line Group which is capable of showing Alerting Name to the called party (alerting is typically shown to the calling party) as well as distributing the call in a broadcast, sequential, or longest available fashion to multiple DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Just create a translation-pattern.

HTH Regards, Yosh

Where ?  In the DN definition? In the CTI defintion? 

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

Translation patterns are a separate configuration element under the Call Routing menu. They take one pattern and translate it to another along with a new CSS to locate the final destination. In your example you would need to have a translation pattern for 6683 with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 1234 (assuming you're on a four-digit addressing plan). I can't speak to the appropriate Route Partition or CSS name that should be used; only you (or your system integrator) know how the system was built.

There is no concept of a DNIS map other than the use of translation patterns to map pattern A to B. You could have as many translation patterns pointing the same final destination as you desire. If you want to display text (e.g. Help Desk: ProductA vs. ProductB) you most commonly use a Hunt Pilot/List/Line Group which is capable of showing Alerting Name to the called party (alerting is typically shown to the calling party) as well as distributing the call in a broadcast, sequential, or longest available fashion to multiple DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: