cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNIS MAP or multiple DID on CTI route point

DrVoIP
Level 1
Level 1

In other systems that I have worked with, it is possible to map a DNIS number to an extension number such that they could be different numbers.  By this I mean, if I want to map 702-945-6683 to 1234 rather than 6683 how do I do this?  

Also is there a DNIS map in CUCM that allows you to map multiple DID nubmers to the same extension number?  Hopefully also pass a friendly text ID along with it?  For example, 1-800-HELPME1 and 1-800-TEACHME both ring the same device?

I have a CTI route point that always call fowards to a Call Handler in Unity.   I need to map other DID numbers to that same CTI route point so that I reach the same Caller Handler.

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Translation patterns are a separate configuration element under the Call Routing menu. They take one pattern and translate it to another along with a new CSS to locate the final destination. In your example you would need to have a translation pattern for 6683 with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 1234 (assuming you're on a four-digit addressing plan). I can't speak to the appropriate Route Partition or CSS name that should be used; only you (or your system integrator) know how the system was built.

There is no concept of a DNIS map other than the use of translation patterns to map pattern A to B. You could have as many translation patterns pointing the same final destination as you desire. If you want to display text (e.g. Help Desk: ProductA vs. ProductB) you most commonly use a Hunt Pilot/List/Line Group which is capable of showing Alerting Name to the called party (alerting is typically shown to the calling party) as well as distributing the call in a broadcast, sequential, or longest available fashion to multiple DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Just create a translation-pattern.

HTH Regards, Yosh

Where ?  In the DN definition? In the CTI defintion? 

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

Translation patterns are a separate configuration element under the Call Routing menu. They take one pattern and translate it to another along with a new CSS to locate the final destination. In your example you would need to have a translation pattern for 6683 with a Called Party Transformation Mask of 1234 (assuming you're on a four-digit addressing plan). I can't speak to the appropriate Route Partition or CSS name that should be used; only you (or your system integrator) know how the system was built.

There is no concept of a DNIS map other than the use of translation patterns to map pattern A to B. You could have as many translation patterns pointing the same final destination as you desire. If you want to display text (e.g. Help Desk: ProductA vs. ProductB) you most commonly use a Hunt Pilot/List/Line Group which is capable of showing Alerting Name to the called party (alerting is typically shown to the calling party) as well as distributing the call in a broadcast, sequential, or longest available fashion to multiple DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.