cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do 3rd Party SIP devices support shared lines?

pematthe
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 generic SIP phone devices (actually 3 x SPA303 Cisco Small Business phones) registered to CUCM 11.  They use a 3rd party SIP device types as they are not recognised as anything within the Cisco phone portfolio.

I am trying to get a single DN to appear on line 1 of each device.  A Shared Line.  When trying to add the DN to the second device, CUCM provides an error "Update failed. Shared Line feature is not supported" 

Is this a limitation of 3rd party SIP devices? (the phones themselves support unto 3 lines) or some other config I have missed?  Shared lines work OK on standard 88xx series enterprise phones.

2 Replies 2

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CUCM 11.5.1.13902-2 and was able to do what you described without issue using either the SIP Basic or SIP Advanced phone type. 

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

The quick solution is to create a huntgroup that is broadcast, 3 different DN's added to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: