cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do Ringlist and DistinctiveRingList both need to be updated?

For CUCM ver 8.6 , some new ring tones were uploaded to the servers.  Do I need to update the DistinctiveRingList as well as the Ringlist file?  What exactly is the DistinctiveRingList.xml file and how is it applied?

Also, can the names of the .raw files contain underscores?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, assuming you have more than one line on the phones, and wish to have different ringtones on each.

If you only have one line, just adjust the ringlist file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, assuming you have more than one line on the phones, and wish to have different ringtones on each.

If you only have one line, just adjust the ringlist file

HTH

java

HTH

java

I have 6 lines on the phones.  I've aleady added the new rig tones to the ringlist.xml file (haven't uploaded it yet).  Does  that means that I also add the new ring tones to the DistinctiveRingList.xml, after the "Ring 1, Ring 2" etc.?

yes

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks.  I updated and uploaded the xml files to the servers, restarted the TFTP service, reset the phone and it still shows only Cirp 1 and Chirp 2 under the Default ring.  It doesn't even show the usual tones that are there.  Anything else to look for?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: