cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Doc verifying interop - CUCM 8.5 to 9.1

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Hey - Our customer has an 8.6 cluster in the EU and we are trying to convince them to let us install 9.1 in America.  They are concerned that trunks and calls between the two clusters are not supported.

We know it works from the lab but we can't find a doc that says "Yes trunks and calls between 8.6 and 9.1 are supported.

There must be one, we just are not finding it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Scaned the 9-1 SRND and didn't find anything.  Just the section about 8.5+ vs -8.5 interop.  But that is not the same answer we are looking for.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the customer does not belive you who do they trust? 

For official confirmation they can contact TAC if this is not sufficient for them, I have done dozens of different version integrations and this question has been asked 100s of times here with the same answer everytime.

Sorry, you felt my assurance warranted low rating :-(

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure they are, there is no restrictions on CUCM version when you build ICT trunks, in fact SRND recommends using SIP trunks intead of ICT on version 8+.

HTH,

Chris

From SRND:

1. Prior to Unified CM 8.5, H.323 Annex M1 trunks were the preferred choice for connections between Unified CM clusters. Unified CM SIP trunks now offer a greater set of features in comparison with H.323 intercluster trunks, thus making SIP the protocol of choice for intercluster trunk connections. However, the majority of Unified CM clusters using earlier software versions are likely to be deployed with H.323 Annex M1 intercluster trunks, and this may determine the intercluster trunk type that you use to these clusters.

Chris

Thanks Chris but from the aspect of showing a customer validation, this doesn't say anything to address the question "are trunks between 8.6 and 9.1 supported?"

This is the same snippit I found but it generically says clusters and does not distinguish if it means same version clusters or disparate version clusters.

So although I know it works, all I can tell them is "yes it works but I can't show you definitive documentation that says it works."

Thanks for replying though.

If the customer does not belive you who do they trust? 

For official confirmation they can contact TAC if this is not sufficient for them, I have done dozens of different version integrations and this question has been asked 100s of times here with the same answer everytime.

Sorry, you felt my assurance warranted low rating :-(

Chris

Usually letting them know it works is all a customer requires.  In this particular case they are pressing and since all the interops are usually detailed in some chart somewhere, we were surprised that none of us could find it.

Rating - didn't mean to low rate you.  I generally don't rate unless the post is SPOT ON and the mouse over said 2 starts are "somewhat helpful" which is accurate so I clicked.  Probably would have been better to leave it eh?  I hope I balanced it out for you on the follow-up.

Have a good holiday.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Best you'll get is a reply from someone at Cisco with such info as there's no doc with such statement. If you want a more official response, get it via your AM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: