cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco Agent Desktop mark voice traffic for QoS?

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Quick question - does the 'Cisco Agent Desktop' application automatically mark voice traffic with DSCP 46 and control traffic with DSCP 24/26?

I know that Cisco IP Communicator marks this way - but I'm having trouble finding confirmation in Cisco documentation that CAD does any kind of marking of voice bearer and control traffic from within the application.

And if it does, I assume you can use the same 'auto-qos voip cisco-softphone' on the switchports connected to CAD clients for L2 qos configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Cisco Agent desktop does not have voice going through it and hence does not mark voice traffic. 

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George.

Just a follow up question - If I understand CAD correctly, you can deploy it in 'hardphone' mode, where you would use a physical hardphone to create a nailed up or 'call by call' voice path - OR - you can deploy it in 'softphone' mode, where the voice path routes directly to the agent workstation.

So, if you are running in 'softphone' mode, does the CAD client have its own bundled softphone? Or does it use IP Communicator (or something else) as it's softphone?

Thanks.

Brent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: