cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the region configuration affect on the phones registerantion?

Hi,

before days, I had a strange issue at group of phones Cisco 7821 sip phones, this group is under device pool, as I have many branches are registering to one CUCM 11.5 cluster, each branch has its own device pool, the problem was the phones of one branch (the device pool) were not able to register to CUCM, they registered for 5 min and rejected after that, and so on, when I choose different device pool the issue was solved, I troubleshoot this device pool, and I was asking my self what is the issue in this device pool, I found at the region configuration for this device pool 475 the region 475 was not here, after I added it like the following the issue had been solved

475.PNG

4 Replies 4

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is very weird, region should not affect the registration. server group in the device pool will have effect on the registration. It seems maybe after changing the region settings, you have reset the device pool and it becomes normal ?

Can you revert back to the region settings which you feel having issue then reset and test ?

Before modifying the region group, I reset the devicepool many times, also I created test device pool and when I used the same region group, I received same error in the registration, once I added RIY_BR_475_REG to itself with maximum bit rate 64 Kbps, the phones are registered correctly.

i am not sure about this as never happened with me. Maybe the reason that either i always define regions or make everything default. 

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Have you tried to check the Status Messages of the phone to identify any messages that could be helpful? To do so, you will need to type on a web-browser the IP address of the phone and at the left collumn under Device Logs, check "Status Messages" and "Debug Dispay".

Do you find something interesting at this point?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies