Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt about Licensing on CUCME

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I don´t have experience with implementation about CUCME and would like know as work the license process. My Customer will put CUCME in the remotes sites and in general each sites have in medium 50 Users. Currently in the Gateways with configuration SIP and CUBE in the same gateways. 05 sites have Gateway 29xx and 01 site have the ISR 4351.

Is need bought license to CUCME and Devices, correct?

Could You help me?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

typically you buy the bundle wchich contains 25 license for cme:

C2911-CME-SRST/K9 bundle includes FL-CME-SRST-25  so you would need to buy additional ones

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis Mink,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. One doubt: I verified with command "show inventory" and didn´t appear this information. This information should be with this command or there are another?

Regards,

Wilson

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Wilson,
Yes CUBE licences will be separate based on your redundancy/session requirement.
For CME there will be a separate licences used, you can check if in case you had CME licences installed because for CME permanent Licence type comes with the box when ordered or you might want to order new.
You can verify that running :
# show license summary

Also for CME licencing you can refer the document :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmeover.html#concept_779AC8A8399D4294AB699248BB5302F2

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

(+5) Dennis.
To add to his response -

1. The top level CME SKU for classic PID is "FL-CME". You need FL-CME-SRST-XX where X is the number of seats/users.
2. Next you need phone user licenses. Depending upon what phones you are trying to add, the SKU is "SW-CCME-UL-XXX" where XXX can be ESS= or BASIC= or ENH= (Essential, Basic or Enhanced). The phones are categortised as -

a) Essential: Analog devices using analog gateways such as the Cisco VG202, VG204, VG224, or VG350 Virtual Gateways, the Cisco 3905 ISR, and the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901
b) Basic: Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 and 6921 models
c) Enhanced: Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900, 8900, 7900, 7937, and 6900 models, third-party SIP phones, Cisco Jabber Mobile, and the Cisco Jabber softphone

3. The most important license for voice feature set on IOS is uck9.

4. For CUBE, the SKU is "FL-CUBEE-XX" where XX would be the number of calls/sessions traversing through the CUBE.

All the licenses except for "uck9" are RTU or honor based.

Hi Nipun,

Thanks a lot for Your contact and explanation. One doubt: Is possible have in the same equipment about SIP and CUBE configured and the same time CME too? My Gateways models are: 2901, 2921, 2951 and ISR 4351

Regards,

Wilson

Not supported. You need to buy a separate box to run CUBE with full functionality.

Hi Nipun,

One doubt with gateway 4351 is possible configure all (Cube, SIP and CME)? Today the gateway is configured with Cube and SIP.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

I already highlighted that in my previous post. If you already have CUBE/SIP, you need a separate router to run CME.

Hi Prashant,

Thanks a lot for Your contact and explanation. I verified in the gateway and there are not the command "show license summary"

Regards,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: