cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade of Cisco 6921 - Firmware 9.1.3.X to 8.5.3.X is not possible (Alternatives?)

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I have a problem with some 6921 phones about the "Missed Calls history". I have seen that is a firmware problem.

Really I have some phones on problematic firmware version, it's Ok and I know that I need to upgrade the firmware.

My CUCM firmwrae is 7.1.3.32900-4

The firmware on my TFTP is SCCP69xx.8-5-3-0, but the phones with 9.1.3.X don't downgrade to 8.5.3 firmware version.

My CUCM version don't support the 9.3.x firmware versions. So I think that I need to downgrade to 8.5.3 my original version of CUCM.

Unfortunatelly the phones does not the downgrade to 8.5.3 (signed).

Which version I can do the downgrade? I can't see a compatible version.

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jean,

Can u share the exact firmware version u are running on 6921 IP phones ?

I have attached the snapshot but could not find the version which u are running.what is the problem u are facing with missed calls history?

regds,

aman

Sorry guys, the version that I have problem is

App Load ID
SCCP 9.3.1.3

Hi  ,

I have same issue with App Load ID SCCP 9.3.1.3. on 6921.

How you fixed the issue ?

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have deletet my answers here (that were 100% correct), due to the low rating unfairly received.

I will avoid participating again, good luck.

Sorry Paolo. I don't think that was unfarily.

Thanks for your help until now.

jguandalini wrote:

Sorry Paolo. I don't think that was unfarily.

Thanks for your help until now.

If you are not ready to full rate answers that are 100% correct and made with the will to help, please don't leave any rating at all.

Ok, thanks. I will take care on future discussions.

Hi Jean,

Have you uploaded the 8.x firmware on the CUCM TFTP server.

If yes, what is the there now in the device defaults for that phone model?

If the firmware name hasn't changed from 9.x to 8.x, then you have to manually change it.

Also, if there are not much phones. Then, you can specify the 8.x load name on the phone and page and downgrade the phones.

Hi Jean,

Is your problem resolved ?

regds,

aman

aman, just now I was creating a TFTP server on my machine and I could upgrade to newest firmware version. And I could upgrade manually and it's works now.

The next step will be upload the firmware to my CUCM and schedule a reload for all 6921 phones.

Thanks for your help