Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Drag and Drop dialing Feature on Cisco IP Communicator

Hi everyone,

First of all I'm a beginner of voip. I'm searching  feature of Cisco IP communicator ver 7.0.  and found this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/7_0/english/user/guide/CIPCUG70.html there is feature drag and drop dialing.you can drag the phone number  from another application on window and drop to ip communicator for dial.I try to drag file type html,xml,xls,word and txt . it not  work. please guide me to use this feature.

Thanks for your help.

Piyawat Jinsang

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can drag a phone number from another application and drop it into Cisco IP Communicator to initiate a call.

do you drag number or the file itself ?

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Dear Anas

I would use file itself. So... could you guide me what is file format supported for this feature? 

Anyway, i would like to know other way to support this feature(may be drag and drop by phone number) 

thanks in advance

You cannot drag and drop a file. You can drag and drop a vCard as mentioned in the guide. It will then popup the numbers if there are more than 1 in the vCard. I have tried to drag and drop a number on the latest CIPC (8.6) and it doesn't seem to work.

Which version are you using?

I have tested this in the lab, and it works. Please try dragging a number from a program that does support the drag and drop, like Notepad++ to the CIPC. You will be able to drag the number to the CIPC and see it appear on the display.

I am using version 8.6.4.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: