cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropping Calls

Jason Spring
Level 1
Level 1

So I am having an issue of the gateway dropping calls when the interent goes down. The call comes in on a FXO port POTS line at a remote site then gets directed to a call handler at the corporate site. the call hander trhen redirects the phone calls back to the remote site accordingly.

Now I understand that if the internet goes down while the calling party is interacting with the call handler, the call will be dropeed. But after the call handler passes the call to the extension that is onsite, shouldn't the call be preserved even if the interent goes down?

I am trying to understand the call flow on this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You're going to need to give us some more information on the UC components you are using for example CUCM,CME,UCCX,Unity or Unity Connection.

Als you mention the internet going down , so i'm guessing you have a VPN between sites?

cheers

Mark

We are using CUCM with Unity Connection at the corporate office and the remote site is setup on a H.323 gateway.

And yes, we have a VPN between the sites.

Hi, Ok  sounds like you don't have H323 call preservation enabled incorrectly.There are numrerous examples on the web , involves a service parameter on CUCM and some config on the gateway.

check out this useful link

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/29909

Sorry i meant to say .... enabled correctly

Hi Jason,

The call will be drop depending of what kind of resources you're using for redirect the call to the remote site. For example, if you're using transcoding g711 to g729 on the HQ site, when the internet goes off the call will be drop because you need this resources.

First of all, you need to check what kind of resources you are running on the HQ and Remote sites.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.