cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP farm support on VG350

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to confirm whether or not the VG350 supports configuration of on-board PVDMs as MTP, XCode, etc. resources. The table below indicates that this is not supported on the VG350 in v15.4(3)M. Is this an IOS version specific limitation or a platform limitation? Just want to know if I can add some DSP resources to a site via the analog gateways that are being planned or if I need to spec a different platform.

Table 4-2 Feature Information for Configuring the PVDM3 Module on Cisco Voice Gateway Routers

Feature Name
Releases
Feature Information

Configuring the PVDM3 Module on Cisco Voice Gateway Routers

15.4(3)M

The PVDM3 DSP1 modules support high-density audio applications on the Cisco voice gateways. These DSP modules provide resources for voice termination, voice compression algorithms, echo cancellation, conferencing and transcoding, and support for modems and fax calls.

In Release 15.4(3)M, this feature is supported only on the Cisco VG310 and Cisco VG320.

1 Reply 1

danrodr3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

You may refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/vg350/software/configuration/guide/vg350_scg/scgpvdm3_config.html

NoteTranscoding, LMR and Conferencing features are not supported on Cisco VG310 and Cisco VG320 Voice Gateways.

It does not mention that VG350's are not capable of DSPfarm.

I have seen it implemented in VG350s using SCCP to register to CUCM, but there is no official documentation at the moment that talks about VG350 dspfarm capabilities for the moment.