Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP out of resource

Rojer-bkk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I found the error "%FLEXDSPRM-5-OUT_OF_RESOURCES: No dsps found either locally or globally. Need to restart the router to retrieve call again.
I use 1xPVDM2-8 to support 3xVIC2-2E/M as DSP calculator recommended. The error was repeart intermittent. Kindly help to share any idea how can i fix this? Thanks

5 Replies 5

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

The best way to solve your problem-replace your DSP with PVDM2-64 for example.

What you think?

Also please,take a look for this topic.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/288096?referring_site=kapi?referring_site=smartnav

evgeny.travin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Rojer-bkk!

Were you able to solve the problem with DSP out of resource for VIC2-2E/M?

I have the same situation - E/M, No dsps found either locally or globally. and only restart the router.

c2811, PVDM2-16, 2xVIC2-2E/M, c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25d.bin

No conference bridge or no transcoder is configured on the router.

Hi,

I saw that error a couple of times before. I saw that error related to fax calls, the router using PVDM 3 tries to allocate DSP channel using Cisco FAX Relay, which is not supported on PVDM 3, and the call fails, in such scenario the fix is to apply:

voice service pots

fax rate disable

In this case PVDM 2 should not have this same behavior.

I agree that should be better to add additional DSP resources.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks, but problem with PVDM 2.

We use the low-complex codec, G711ulaw,

Two VIC2-2E/M is four voice ports only. PVDM2-16.

Why need to add DSP? 

This is not single bug, We have about 20 branch office with E/M, and we need to reset one router per week approximately.

However, in the case of the VWIC2-1MFT-E1  - no problems.

Update IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: