cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dspfarm --> application CUBE question

dshumake
Level 4
Level 4

I have an Ent Cube in two location.  I am going over my configuration.

So the question I have is with the following configuration:

dspfarm profile 1 mtp  
 codec pass-through
 codec g711ulaw
 maximum sessions software 200
 associate application CUBE  or associate application SCCP    <--------------

Could not find any good information on which to used.  Does it matter much or will it affect my calls needing access to the MTP.  Its currently configured at SCCP. Hopefully,  I will never need it for I am in the process of making everything g711.....

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Associate application Cube is used with LTI based transcoding on CUBE, Associate application SCCP is for CME/SCCP based transcoding.

You can check the following link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115018-configure-cube-lti.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Associate application Cube is used with LTI based transcoding on CUBE, Associate application SCCP is for CME/SCCP based transcoding.

You can check the following link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115018-configure-cube-lti.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi,

The link shared by Manish is good. In short if your dsp resources are remote (not on the local cube) then you need sccp configuration. If resources are local on the dsp the use LTI to avoid by CME licenses. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: