cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Phone Time not updating

cplundberg
Level 1
Level 1

Phone time not updating. CM Server time is correct.

Running CM OS 4.4SR4, CM 4.2.3ES20

83 Replies 83

Here is what I ended up doing to fix it...

Go into the CCM database table "TypeTimeZone" and manually set the "stddate"

and "dstdate" to "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0" and "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0" respectively for each US timezone.

After that reset CallManager service and NTP service on all CallManagers...This will reset all devices so the get the correct time.

what do those numbers represent, I am on eastern time, would I use the same set of numbers? Is everything going to change/function properly at next changeover?

Thanks

These number represent the start and end of Daylight savings time. You would use the same string of numbers for Eastern Time. I also have phone is EST and this corrected them as well.

I got this fix from TAC, let me know if you need more details and I can send you the tac case notes...chris.lundberg@artisanpartners.com

The direction I just got from TAC support was to UNCHECK the DST offset feature in Windows on all CallManagers ("Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time changes"). This makes no sense to me as it would effectively eliminate the DST offset.

Has anyone else been advised to do this in combination with any other fixes?

We are running CM 4.2.3 on 2000.4.4aSR4. The server times updated perfectly, though the phones are all 1 hour off this AM.

I agree with you this make no sense...The post I submitted at 10:32PST has details on what Tac gave me to fix the time. I am running the same CM and OS versions as you.

What were they when you started?

DBEntry Current Value Proposed Value

stddate 0/10/0/5,2:0:0:0 0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0

dstdate 0/4/0/1,2:0:0:0 0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0

Changed Values for Central, Eastern, and Pacific Time Zones.

Yep that is what mine are set to. And I am currently having the problem.

What is the TAC suggested way to edit them?

Tac told me to go right to the DB table and edit the values. Then restart CM and NTP service on each CM in your environment (Pubs & Subs)

OK, I have edited the TZ table in the CM database to be correct & have restarted the NTP service on Pub and Sub.

100% of my phones are registered to my subscriber at the moment. If I were to restart the CallManager service on my Subscriber, wouldn't that force a reboot of every phone & drop all calls in progress??

I don't see a way to force the correct time to be displayed on every phone without a total interruption of service. We have a large call center operation and can't just reset all phones during business hours.

If anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish the time update without a major service interruption, please let me know.

Thanks for your help guys. I would have been chasing my tail with TAC support all day otherwise...

unfortunately no, looks like there is no way except to restart CCM service for this to take effect

Not sure you have any alternatives. I tried just reseting a device pool after making the table changes but it didn't work. They only way I found to get the update to push to the phones was to reset the CM service.

You could reset the CM service on your publisher, then move your more critical phones (call center phones) over to the pub in chunks (update the CM group on the device pool for these devices). It would be painful and time consuming, but it would get you where you need to be.

ok mine are set currently to what the current values above were as well... I only need to be concerned with eastern time (US) is that all I should change? Make the changes and then what, stop and start CCM service? I only have to do this on the pub??

worked for me... after struggling all day I really appreciate it!