cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Phone Time not updating

cplundberg
Level 1
Level 1

Phone time not updating. CM Server time is correct.

Running CM OS 4.4SR4, CM 4.2.3ES20

83 Replies 83

I am running ccm 4.1(3)sr2 with 7940, 7941, 7960, and 7961 phones and have tried to push out the latest recommended phone loads. My problem is that the phones are not resetting and picking up the load. At first, I followed the directions to reset the devices on the call manager group configuration page according to the directions on the firmware update. On the next round, I applied the DST patch to fix the time zone database table and put the 8-2-1 load out there for the 41/61 phones and the P00308000500 load for the 40/60 phones. The ccm rebooted after the DST patch and then I restarted the ccm and ntp services. I then displayed devices by description, checked them and reset them (choosing reset, not restart).

I found that some phones had the new load and old time, while other phones still had the original load. Is there a better method of restarting phones? I have 92 phones in a remote location and it has been frustrating to kick off resets, only to come in the next morning and find that they weren't reset.

On the phones with the new load and old time, a reset will correct the time. Shouldn't it only require one reset?

CCM patch and OS was applied?

New DST rules are present in the following phone firmware releases: 8.0(4)SR3 and 8.2(1)

Included in:

ciscocm.3-3-DevPack-74 or higher

ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-36 or higher

ciscocm.4-2-1-DevPack-06 or higher

ciscocm.4-2-3-DevPack-08 or higher

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_field_notice09186a00807d3d9e.shtml

Please confirm all is good.

Thanks

I guess the fix given(8.2.1) in the field notice doesn't work. After this people are facing this time-mismatch issue, but i think rebooting phone or restarting ccm service is one of the solutions as Mahesh(mchandak) told earlier.

I am having the same problem....40's and 60's work fine, 41's 61's not following server time.

Did you install the recent devpack for those sets?

You need to update firmware on those sets... Suggest reading the Cisco DST tech note.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00807ca437.shtml

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i had the same problem also. i ran all the lastest ccm os updates and it didnt change the time automatically. i had to manually change the time on the pub and subs then place a phone call (ip to ip or ip to pstn) and the time updated.

My 20,40, and 60's updated but my 61's have not. Anyone have any suggestions.

I have had the problem, and I issued a reset for the phones that were effected, and they were updated after. Dont have the users unplug the phones...that did not work.

Roy,

for the 61's you need to upgrade the firmware because java based phones (41, 61, 71's) calculate the time on their own. Once you upgrade the firmware, restart your 61's and you should be good.

I had to reset the phones again. I did this once already but it did not fix the problem. All of my 61's are now displaying the correct time. Thanks for the quick responses.

For the third generation phones, looks like there may be a bug effecting the time updates not working reliably. Workarounds mentioned in this post work to get them to take.

Bug id is CSCsh12444 and fix will be in 8.2(2).

We have an odd issue and not sure if anyone else has seen this. WE resolved the 40\60\41\61 time issue with the manual database change and all is good. However if you unplug a 41 or a 61 and plug it back in the time is off by one hour again. If you reset the phone in call manager - it updates correctly. We have tried this at our site and at some customer sites - any thoughts?

We have an odd issue and not sure if anyone else has seen this. WE resolved the 40\60\41\61 time issue with the manual database change and all is good. However if you unplug a 41 or a 61 and plug it back in the time is off by one hour again. If you reset the phone in call manager - it updates correctly. We have tried this at our site and at some customer sites - any thoughts?

Here is some weirdness, added the updated phone load for the 7970 into both clusters, the one cluster puts the phone one hour ahead, the other at the correct time. With load 7.0.3.0 on the one CCM though the time is correct on the 70. The only difference I found between the two systems is the Service pack of SQL. the one that doesnt need updates and worked fine from the start is SP3, the other is SP4.