cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Phone Time not updating

cplundberg
Level 1
Level 1

Phone time not updating. CM Server time is correct.

Running CM OS 4.4SR4, CM 4.2.3ES20

83 Replies 83

Not applicable

I am seeing the same thing.

Any ideas? Is the the bug related to CSCsh12444?

Jason

FYI: Bug CSCsh124444 describes my problem to a tee.

Symptom:

The time change for Daylight Savings time may not take affect automatically for a third-generation IP phone running SCCP or SIP loads older than 8.2(2).

Conditions:

The third-generation IP phones are 7970, 7971, 7961, 7941, 7911, and 7906. After upgrading to 8.2(1) or 8.0(4)SR3 to get the fix for the 2007 DST changes this issue may appear.

Workaround:

Reset the IP phone from the CCMAdmin for the phone to get the correct time.

Power cycling the phone will not fix the time.

Further Problem Description:

The root cause of the bug is in the conditions required for the phone to update the time zone. Without this fix the only time the phone will update the time zone is if the clock drifts more than 10 seconds off of the NTP server time.

The title is: Time zone rules do not update correctly on 3rd-gen phones

Integrated in: 008.002(001.010) 008.003(000.023)

So where does one set the third gen phones NTP server at on Call Manager 4.x if it is possible? Or do these phones automatically use CCM server as NTP server with skinny? (I didn't see a NTP server address on a phones web page).

Is there a DHCP setting to do so?

In CCM there is an option under the system menu, but does that only apply to the SIP phone loads or also skinny?

Thanks, Erick

I checked out a few 7941s and 7961s on 8.2(1)S and the console log on phone has NTP entries in it every hour, and they all start with ERR which I am guessing is ERROR.

Anyone have idea if the NTP requests are being sent by phone or received on phone from CCM, and is the ERR entry due to bug or something else, or just the way the entries show up in console log?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I've got a 4.2(3) SR1 release and a 7960 IP phone. So far I can't get the time updated. It's an hour behind. I see a mention of this on Cisco's site about DST:

"Depending on the configuration, there are up to four software items which may be required to make a CallManager system Daylight Saving Time compliant."

1. CallManager Database Table update

2. Phone Loads

3. JRE Patch

4. Windows 2000 Patch

My question is, where do I find the CallManager Database Table Updates? I can't seem to find it anywhere on Cisco's site for download.

Also, where do I find the engineering specials download area?

I received this from TAC

According with the notes in the service request the cluster has had to manual reset again. I would like to recommend you try the following procedure:

A. Go SQL Enterprise Manager > Select the PUB > Databasa > CCM 030X > TABLES.

1. Right click on "TypeTimeZone", Open All ROws select ?return all rows?

2. Manually set the "stddate" and "dstdate" to "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0" and "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0"

respectively for each US timezone.

I also verify SQL the Database, Run the changes and push the changes to the Subs you will need to verfiy that these changes were updated and and that the Services I mention below are also set on the Sub as well

One note was that I had to go to "Services" and stop the "Windows Time" and "Network Time" I Also needed to change this from Automatic to Manual start.

Hope it helps

Thanks. Finally! It works.

I made the changes and reset the phone - didn't work. It finally worked after rebooting the server.

Thanks again.

I did the above SQL changes and now all my phones are 1 hour ahead..argg...I have a TAC Case open and will post the results

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

The developers have posted today an ES for the phone load of the 3rd generations phones to fix CSCsi09102 and CSCsh12444

You will need to open a TAC case to request this new phone load since it is not available for download, it needs to be published.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: