dtmf relay rtp-nte  

codec g711u

dial-peer voice 11 voip

destination-pattern 444

description to CUE AA

session target ipv4: XXXX

dtmf-relay sip-notify   

The issue is this..

When ITSP sends invite with SDP, it advertises it dtmf attribute however when CCME sends a 200 OK it doesnt send any dtmf attribute....Hence the ITSP does not send an ACK...and the call fails

What could be causing this?

Please rate useful posts       

Please rate all useful posts
9 Replies 9

Hi,

SIP-SIP CUBE doesn't support translation between RFC2833 and SIP NOTIFY DTMF relay methods. It can translate as follow:

SIP NOTIFY - SIP NOTIFY

RFC2833 - RFC2833

Not mixtures are supported.

Mohammed,

Excellent! I guess this is where the issue is. So does that suggest you cannt call CUE AA directly over the sip trunk?

What can be done then? Call an extension on CME and do a cfwdall to CUE AA?

Please rate useful posts

Hi, no you can use it. Cooridnate with your ITSP to use SIP NOTIFY instead of RFC2833.

Wao! The ITSP is not su easy to deal with. So there is no work around for this?

Please rate useful posts

although I don't recommend but try to insert the header in 200 OK response (supported if you are using 12.4T(15) or later). Here is the config.

voice class sip-profiles 1

response 200 sdp-header Attribute add "rtpmap:97 telephone-event/8000"

response 200 sdp-header Attribute add "fmtp:97 0-15"

!

dial-peer voice 10 voip

voice-class sip profiles 1

Please test and share your debugs.

Ok will update you..Many thanks

Please rate useful posts

Mohammed,

I am yet to implement this. The user is actually here on the forum and I havent heard back from him..

I just want to ask another question...is there a way to make CME send 183 session progress with SDP to the ITSP

I am asking eacuse I am looking at an issue where inbound calls from ITSP does not get ringback. Even though CCME is sending 180 ringing. I understand that this implies that the ITSP should generate its own ringback but this doesnt seem to be happening. The ITSP wants a 180 with SDP (which CCM|E cant do) or 183 with SDP and then hear ringback from CCME..

Can this be done..

Please rate useful posts

"I am complete in God, God completes me"

In face CME-SIP-Trunk, by default, generate 180 response with SDP. This can be disabled using the commands.

sip-ua

disable-early-media 180

Therefore, check if you disabled early media. Else, SDP should be included. You may share your debugs as well.

CME-SIP-Trunk doesn't generate 183 response.

SIP PSTN Gateway generate 183 response when it receives Progress IE from PSTN to perform voice cut-through.

Thank you for your response.

The challenge here is the this CME does snot generate a 180 with SDP even with earl-media enabled. I understand that early media does not affect inbound calls..could that be true..

Attached is the debug..

If you have a few minutes here is the thread with this issue I have been looking at..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3652288#3652288

Please rate useful posts

"I am complete in God, God completes me"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: