cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Failing on Inbound PSTN calls

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have the following issues with DTMF......

If I dial from my cell phone or a land line to my menu in UCCE/CVP I do not get the option. It is like the system is not getting it. If I dial the DN internally it works and if I dial 9XXXXXXXXXX from a IP Comm it works.

Failed Call...

External Phone (Cell, Land Line) PSTN>CUBE>CUSP>CVP/VXML>Menu (I hear the prompt press 1 nothing happens) then call times out.

Successful call

Internal IP Comm dial 9+ CUCM>CUSP>CUBE>PSTN>CUBE>CUSP>CVP/VXML     (Basically trombone the call)

I have MTP checked on the SIP Trunk to CUSP and using SW MTP..

dial-peer voice 104 voip
 description *** Straight to CUSP for UCCX/UCM CC Demo Lab 480-XXX-XXXX
 destination-pattern 480..
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:172.28.36.125:5060 -------This sends it back to the SIP proxy CUSP
 voice-class codec 1
 no voice-class sip localhost
 no voice-class sip asserted-id
 no voice-class sip privacy-policy passthru
 voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 30 down-interval 15 retry 2
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
 ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
 no vad

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you debugged the calls to make sure the DTMFs are being received???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have tried running the CCSIP debug all and it over whelms my gateway..... What do you suggest since I can not use that and my call path is end to end SIP from the Telco to my solution.

If your gateway is particularly busy I would suggest using voice call filtering on your SIP debugs.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_Voice_Call_Debug_Filtering_on_Cisco_Voice_Gateways

It allows you to filter only the debug output for the calls you are interested. For example, you could build a filter list to only capture debugs for calls originating from your cell phone number.

I would recommend taking a "debug ccsip messages" with a filter list, and seeing what DTMF relay method is negotiated on both legs of the call. You can compare the method negotiated with the call that works against the call that does not work.

Some methods of DTMF relay require a transcoder to be invoked on the CUBE directly (MTP will not work).

See "table 3 RTP-RTP Flow-Through"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/dtmf-relay.html#concept_264617919921874995299551391601561

There are also some useful commands for verifying DTMF relay on CUBE here as well:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/dtmf-relay.html#task_131866455078125004886633300781249

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: