Helpful
Replies

DTMF Issue

christian.30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

I'am having some issue with regard to DTMF scenario is attached below 

I have 2 land line numbers 1234 and 1235. both numbers is passing to the same dial-peer which is dial-peer 101, and also i have 2 ISP for the sake of this scenario namely Telco#1 Gigabyte Telco#2 Foxtrot now for the test call 

Scenario#1 I have tried to call 1234 and 1235 through Telco #1 using mobile phone and below are the findings 

1234 DTMF is working

1235 DTMF is not working

Scenario#2 Also I have tried to call 1234 and 1235 through Telco #2 using mobile phone and below are the findings

1234 DTMF is working

1235 DTMF is working

Scenario#3 I Tried to call 1234 and 1235 through Telco #1 using IP Phone and below are the findings

1234 DTMF is working

1235 DTMF is working

Scenario#3 I Tried to call 1234 and 1235 through Telco #2 using IP Phone and below are the findings

1234 DTMF is working

1235 DTMF is working

Given the above statement I'm not sure what causes this problem may be. I also used the debug debug voip rtp session named-event but nothing happens and it just didn't give any output at all. My problem is that is there any way to know the possible cause of the DTMF not working to address the issue? 

Thank you community for the help appreciate you all 

2 Replies 2

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Christian.30

I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly:

Every test situation works except scenario 1 via a mobile provider to telco 1.

Have you tried scenario 1 via a different mobile provider? This could be a provider to provider issue, for example at&t cellular does not transmit DTMF to Sprint Landline but Verizon does on certain lines. If that is the case and I have seen it before, where they have provisioned two lines in the same block differently, you will need to contact the two providers and see what is occurring during their communication. If it does work during that portion of the test at least you will have narrowed it down further. Good Luck.

Hi Jason

Yes you are right with the understanding i forgot to mention that I've tested also using different mobile provider and it is working fine my question now is there any way i can debug that i can use so that i know no issue is being encoutered on my voice gateway

Thank you Jason