cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Issues with PIMG/Nortel Meridian

Kevin Porter
Level 1
Level 1

Having Voice Mail retrieval issues with "Invalid UserID or password" when Nortel phone connects through the PIMG. PIMG trace captures show that DTMF digits are either not recieved or the PIMG sees duplicate digits (e.g. password is 1234, PIMG sees 124 or 12334). Anybody seen this before?

5 Replies 5

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen this issue twice and both times an upgrade to the dsp's resolved the issue. The two scenarios were a slightly different. The calls were coming from the pstn and to an ivr. The ivr would not recognize all of the dtmf digits or duplicate some of the entries. Sounds very similar to what you are experiencing.

Not sure if the issues are related. The only DSP resources in play here are located in the PIMG unit since it is making the TDM connection via 8 digital phone ports and converting to SIP for IP connectivity to Unity.

If you download upgrade software for your PIMG model -- some of the downloads include patching/upgrades for the PIMG DSP resources (i.e. the Dialogic Media Gateway upgrade zip has a file run_910FskEcho.dsp that contains the upgrade for DSP Firmware)

Check out the PIMG upgrade page for Unity (I hope that helps)

One more idea -- what version of Unity TSP are you using? In TSP release 8.1.3 ES8, Cisco fixed a PIMG bug with DTMF clipping audio messages (could fix other DTMF issues)

CSCsj29059 - PIMG: Clipping at beginning of prompt playback after DTMF (AVAUDIO driver)

Thanks for your responses Robert. The PIMG is running the 910FskEcho.dsp software from the latest PIMG Digital download which is "ami_v5.1su3". Unity is running TSP version 8.1.3ES8 as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: