cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF problem over sip trunk

Gramirez23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellows, i have a problem with DTMF and is drive me crazy.

My topology is as follows

CCM8.5 ------sip------- ASA5510 -----sip------- ITSP

where the ASA do all nat translations and its receiving the sip trunk from the provider. My problem is that i do not have DTMF signalling when i call in certains hours (9:00 - 19:00) after or before of this hours i have DTMF working without problems. Also works well when i have been resetting the SIP trunk, but only the first call and then isn't work no more.

Please anyboy have any idea

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi Gramirez,

Is mtp checked or unchecked on the sip trunk config page?

what is the dtmf method that you are using on the sip trunk page?

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi Karthik

Thanks for the reply, well the mtp is checked on the sip trunk config page and the DTMF method that we are using is RFC 2833.

Cheers

hi Gramirez,

Thanks for your reply

Is it required for you to have mtp checked on the sip trunk page ? I mean is your provider doing early offer only?

Is it possible for you to test by unchecking mtp on the trunk and then specifying the dtmf method as "no preference".

Then  reset sip trunk after you do this

The reason I am asking you to do this is because I have seen some wierd mtp leak related issues with cm 8.5 in some of the issues I have handled in the past . I am just trying to rule out this as a cause.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Thanks for the reply Karthik

If i uncheck the mtp i loss the audio, and i probed the  dtmf method as no preference and there was no change, DTMF still doesn't  pass.

Cheers

hi Gramirez,

1>are these  resources available to the sip trunk cm software mtps , ios mtps or hardware resources?

2>what is the  ip phone model you are using for testing ? are these  running sccp or sip firmwares ?

Thanks,

Karthik

1- Yes there are plenty software mtp resources available

2- The model that we used for testing were 6921, 7942 y 7960, running SCCP firmwares.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: