Views
Helpful
Replies

duplicate sip trunk

elite2010
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I can see a duplicate  trunk name in the trunk list , But the partitions are different . 

Is it possible to create the same trunk name ? (eg: Trunk_Test)

The only changes  made created another route pattern  with different partition .

Both route pattern shows gateway /routelist  ---Trunk_Test. If It is different  sip trunk , how the route pattern choose the trunk by the same name ?

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you have two identical route patterns, but each with a different partition, I believe the selection order is determined by the Calling Search Space. And if both partitions are in the CSS, then it will choose the partition highest in the list as first priority.

Hi,
I can understand about same RP with different partition.My question is about two sip trunk with the same Name
Thanks

You can't manually create a second trunk with the same name.  However, if you have the trunk used in multiple patterns or route groups, it will show up multiple times under Device > Trunk.  One for each route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: