Level 1

not able to register DX-80 with cucm 11.5.1.10000-6

error:  sip  registration failed: 485 Ambiguous/ Device type mismatch

DX 80 version:   CE 9.1.2

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you selected the device type as "Cisco DX80" while adding this device in CUCM. Can you try adding it as "Cisco TelePresence DX80" and see if that helps.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Thanks! I was having the same issue and this change cleared it right up.

Thanks Again Rajan!

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are running CE software and getting the "error:  sip  registration failed: 485 Ambiguous/ Device type mismatch" you must have added it as Cisco DX80. Cisco DX80 is used when it is on android software. You will have to add it as Cisco TelePresence DX80, see below Check "Migrate a Cisco UCM registered DX device to CE software (page 1 of 5)" 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

If you are not seeing that option then you will have to upload latest device pack to enable the same. You can download the device pack from link below.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286306100&flowid=79971&softwareid=282074299&release=11.5(1.13037)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Make sure you installed it on PUB first and then all SUB and perform a cluster reboot to the device pack to take affect.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi,

Did the above helped?

JB

Just got a brand new DX80 with CE8.3.1.  I added it as a DX80 at first and had the same problems.  Deleted and added back as a Cisco Telepresence DX80 and it worked fine.  I have CUCM 11.5.1SU3a.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: