cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX phones (70,80, 650) cannot place call to gateway using e1

Minh Tran
Level 1
Level 1

I have experienced this situation yesterday. Our company has some new DX phones (80, 650). But when i test calling to PSTN from DX phones, they all fail. I have done some troubleshooting, and figured out that DX phones can only work with gateway using FXO ports and not work with e1 gateway. All other phones work wells with all kind of gateways. Could anyone help me solve this problem?

18 Replies 18

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Minh,

There is no such limitation with calls using E1 for DX endpoints. Can you post the debugs for a failed call when using E1 and also the debug for a successful call when another phone model uses the same E1.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your response, which debug do you want to see? from RTMT or from gateway?

debug ccsip messages  ---- SIP

debug voice ccapi inout   ----- h323

debug isdn q931  ------  MGCP

Manish

Dear Manish,

Please see the log in attached file. The call flow is: DX80 ---> GW ----> PSTN.

The cause value is showing 88 which means incompatible destination. Can you try to call other numbers.

Please make sure that you are sending right number format, number plan,  and number type as per your telco requirement.

Is this E1 PRI? If yes,  please share the output of debug isdn q931 when you make call from 78xx and dx80 to same destination. I would like to compare 

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

There is no such case DX only will work with FXO.,it's a Gateway all your outgoing calls will go with

E1 lines that you configured.

What is the protocol configured?

Can u explain the call flow?

Did u check the partion & Css for those users?

Dear Siva,

My gateways work well with other phones (78xx, 39xx) with SCCP as well as SIP. All user reside in the same CSS and Par. E1 Lines config with pri-group. If you want then I could post the config here.

Just post the configuration...

Try to debug ISDN q931 in Gateway..paste the output.

Hi Siva,

I have attached the config of the gateway.

I just want to test one think..can u disable the Video option CUCM in phone level. make a outgoing call.

Hi Siva,

I have disable video calling and be able to make call outside. But the problem is now we cannot make video call with this DX. Any idea?

You need to contact Telco to enable the feature..i can able to c in the log orginating side is Non ISDN.

Hi Siva,

Which features should I ask the Telco? Video calling on E1 ISDN?

Yes you need to ask your telco to enable video calling over ISDN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: