cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX phones (70,80, 650) cannot place call to gateway using e1

Minh Tran
Level 1
Level 1

I have experienced this situation yesterday. Our company has some new DX phones (80, 650). But when i test calling to PSTN from DX phones, they all fail. I have done some troubleshooting, and figured out that DX phones can only work with gateway using FXO ports and not work with e1 gateway. All other phones work wells with all kind of gateways. Could anyone help me solve this problem?

18 Replies 18

But DX work well with FXO without any additional features. Should I re-configure the E1 PRI to E1 CAS with ds0-group as fxo-loopstart?

Please share the output of debug isdn q931 when you make call from 78xx and dx80 to same destination. I would like to compare it...

Did you tried to disable the video capabilities and make a call to the destination you are trying to reach it.

Minh Tran
Level 1
Level 1

I have openeda TAC case and found out that I need some more configuration in the voice-port to make it work with DX.

voice-port 0/0/0:15
bearer-cap speech
shut
no shut
that should do the work.

Thanks for the update Minh, i have seen the same issue affecting other video endpoints like 99XX and 89XX as well.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: