Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 certain physical buttons not working

trinidad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a DX650 that is running firmware version sipdx650.10-2-5-194. For some reason the volume + or - does not work in controlling either content volume or call volume. Also the hangup, speakerphone and mute buttons don't work either. Is this a possible firmware bug or do I have a faulty keypad? Is there a way to test if the buttons are working? I do have a spare board I can replace with but before I go down that path I wanted to see if this is hardware or software related. 

Thanks in advanced. 

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is the latest firmware that you use.

In your case, I would first try to downgrade to a previous release and if this doesnt work, then request a RMA by Cisco.I havent seen any relative bug for that case.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George,

Thanks very much for the help. I will try that out and see how it goes, I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, I don't think firmware would affect such basic buttons such as volume and hangup call would be affected. But you never know. 

Regards

//J

Yes, it looks like a hardware issue nevertheless, its worth trying the software part.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Confirmed it was a board issue. Hardware replaced and it's back up and running.

Thanks all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: