Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 certain physical buttons not working

trinidad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a DX650 that is running firmware version sipdx650.10-2-5-194. For some reason the volume + or - does not work in controlling either content volume or call volume. Also the hangup, speakerphone and mute buttons don't work either. Is this a possible firmware bug or do I have a faulty keypad? Is there a way to test if the buttons are working? I do have a spare board I can replace with but before I go down that path I wanted to see if this is hardware or software related. 

Thanks in advanced. 

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is the latest firmware that you use.

In your case, I would first try to downgrade to a previous release and if this doesnt work, then request a RMA by Cisco.I havent seen any relative bug for that case.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George,

Thanks very much for the help. I will try that out and see how it goes, I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, I don't think firmware would affect such basic buttons such as volume and hangup call would be affected. But you never know. 

Regards

//J

Yes, it looks like a hardware issue nevertheless, its worth trying the software part.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Confirmed it was a board issue. Hardware replaced and it's back up and running.

Thanks all.