cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 dialing delay and same extension display different names on IP Phone and Jabber

Umer Javed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have 2 questions.

1) Customer has cluster over wan setup and many branches are connected by WAN router and Voice Gateways. When dial from any IP Phone like 79XX series call goes fine without delay. But when dial from DX650 there is delay about 2 minutes. Even we dial local externsion or any other branch extension. DX650 taking long time for dialing. I read that DX650 sends the number as Nbloc not digit by digit but cucm local extension facing this issue. What would be the possible cause?

2) We have migrated setup from 7.x to 11.x. The problem is when the same extension dial or recieve a call from Jabber its display different names and when the same extension dial from IP Phone it display different. When i checked the DN detial from IP Phone it display correct name but not the same from Jabber.

Has somebody the same issue and the solution?
Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Umer,

For the DX650 it is most likely the overlapping dial plan as discussed in the following post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12222476/dx650-delay-dial

You may enable and collect detailed callmanager traces for a test call as it will show any potential matches in the digit analysis.

Regarding the seond query please provide some more details with an example like when extension 1002 dials 1005 it displays ABCD on Phone A, this will help in understanding the exact issue.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Dear Manish,

Thank you for your reply.

1) I already checked the following post that given in your comment. The difference between my issue and this is when calling to some local endpoint like MX series or DX it works fine. So it should also take delay with for these endpoint also. But when i call over the WAN it takes long time some time call cannot reach to the endpoint and droped. Kindly highlight the dialing difference between extension and URI.

2) Differnet name display in both direction specially for incoming calls. When dial from 6669 with name ABCD to 2999. This extension is assigned to multiple devices like jabber for windows, Android and IP Phone. CAll come from 6999 to 2999 . It rings on thier all devices when check on the IP Phone it display the correct name and when w check on the Jabber on Android it display different name. The same case for opposite direction also. When dial from 2999 to 6999 from IP Phone it display correct information but when dial from Jabber it display different name. I hope its clear now. If you need more information kindly let me know

Thanks & BR

Hi Umer,

1) I already checked the following post that given in your comment. The difference between my issue and this is when calling to some local endpoint like MX series or DX it works fine. So it should also take delay with for these endpoint also. But when i call over the WAN it takes long time some time call cannot reach to the endpoint and droped. Kindly highlight the dialing difference between extension and URI.

>> Try assigning the same DN or URI as one of the local MX or DX to a phone across the WAN and see if you get the delay. If yes, then its most likely a network issue. If not, then further troubleshooting is needed by enabling traces and pcaps.

2) Differnet name display in both direction specially for incoming calls. When dial from 6669 with name ABCD to 2999. This extension is assigned to multiple devices like jabber for windows, Android and IP Phone. CAll come from 6999 to 2999 . It rings on thier all devices when check on the IP Phone it display the correct name and when w check on the Jabber on Android it display different name. The same case for opposite direction also. When dial from 2999 to 6999 from IP Phone it display correct information but when dial from Jabber it display different name. I hope its clear now. If you need more information kindly let me know

>> I heard of similar issue in version 9.x oj jabber but believe this has been fixed in 10.5 and higher. If you are running 10.5 and higher then you may check with TAC. As a side note, one important issue that still affects Jabber regarding incorrect caller id is for calls transferred from Unity Connection as per the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCts50926/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -