cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 - Disable Screen Lock

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

How can I disable the screen lock on the DX650 phone (CUCM 10.5)?

Users don't want to have to enter a PIN number to access the phone.

I have tried different settings of "Require Screen Lock" on the Device page, but no luck.

Thanks, Randy

10 Replies 10

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I note that you tried different options on the Device page. Did you change it to "User Controlled" and then set the screen lock off on the phone through the settings?

Another thing I'd like you to check is the configuration file after you make the change on the Device page. Save, Apply and reset the device.

Then pull the cnf.xml file from the TFTP server in the cluster. You can do this using command prompt.

C:\> tftp -i x.x.x.x get SEP<>.cnf.xml

Look for this field. In my lab, after the change, it's:

<requireScreenLock>0</requireScreenLock>

I have tried User Controlled, but there is no option to turn off the screen lock in the phone settings.

I will check the cnf.xml file, thanks for the idea.

This will have to be deployed on several hundred phones, so I am hoping this can be set from CUCM. I don't want to touch all the phones to change the setting.

It's working now. I was running an ES firmware, sipdx650.10-2-1D4-22

As soon as I downgraded to sipdx650.10-1-2-33, then the option to use "None" appeared.

Thanks, Randy

Hi,

Where can I get the software sipdx650.10-2-1D4-22? You'll be able to share?

I execute downgraded to sipdx650.10-1-2-33, but option "None" does not appear in the configuration options...

best regards !!!

Here is what need to do in order to disable screen lock on dx-650

Active Load ID:sipdx650.10-1-2-33

PRODUCT SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION LAYOUT

Requires Screen Lock --> User Controlled --> Check the Override Common Settings

Now go to the Phone settings --> security --> screen lock --> we will get "None" option now.

Hello Narayan,

Where is this Phone settings --> security --> screen lock  ???? its in the same.

can you put a printscreen

Hi @ nhaf30018530

Requires Screen Lock --> User Controlled --> Check the Override Common Settings ( This is on the Web administration page CM)

Now go to the Phone settings --> security --> screen lock --> we will get "None" option now. ( This is in the physical IP Phone DX-650).

Hope this clears ur doubt.

g.james
Level 1
Level 1

On the device settings do the following changes:

Display On Time: Change it to your office starting time or  a bit earlier

Display On Duration: Change it to the end time of your office or a bit extra

Require Screen Lock : Change it to User Controlled>Check the Override Common Settings

Uncheck the setting: Enforce Screen Lock During Display-On TIme >Check the Override Common Settings

Restart the phone.

Now in the setting of the Android OS you will get an option to make it None. Also you can set a pin and then do a manual lock as required by pressing the lock button on the phone,

very informative , really appreciate 

Just an FYI it is not very practical that you post a comment on a post from 2014 as that brings it up to the top of the list.

Response Signature