cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 & EX90 Mobility

joshuamarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm looking for the option to send a call to a cell phone (Mobility), on an EX90 and DX650.  On the DX650, I am able to add Mobility to the Phone Button Template; however, it never shows up on the phone.  On the EX90, I do not see a way to do this.  Is this functionality available on these devices?

EX90: TC6.2.0.20b1616

DX650: sipdx650.10-0-1-103

UCM: 9.1.1.20000-5

Thanks!

Joshua

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joshua,

I'm running CUCM 9.1.1.10000-11 with firmware version

Make sure you create a Feature Control Policy for the DX650 that has Mobility enabled:

Brian

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Joshua,

I don't have an EX90 to test with but here's how to do it on the DX650:

You click the top right button that just says "..." and then you will get the Mobility option.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks, Brian.  My assumption is that that option turns mobility (aka single-number-reach) on and off.  In other words, that turns on the ability to ring my mobile phone at the same time or not.  In my understanding, that does not provide the key press to send an active call over to my mobile.  Is that correct?  I'm looking for the key press to send active call to mobile seamlessly.

J

Joshua,

You should just need to press More->To Mobile:

Brian

Brian,

Great information; however, I see different options.  The same section of my screen shows Conference, Hold, Transfer, Details, and End.  I do not have a More button.  This looks like it would be a softkey issue, but there isn't a softkey template that I see on the DX650.  Can you please let me know your firmware and UCM versions?

J

Joshua,

I'm running CUCM 9.1.1.10000-11 with firmware version

Make sure you create a Feature Control Policy for the DX650 that has Mobility enabled:

Brian

That was the missing piece.  Thanks so much, Brian!  +5.

That does not appear to be an option on an EX90.  If anybody else has any knowledge about sending an active call to mobile on EX90, that would be appreciated.

Joshua,

I did a bit of digging for the EX90 and don't seem to find any way to do it.  I think it's pretty rare for it to be used as a primary user endpoint so I think this feature may have been overlooked.  You may want to work with your account team on putting in a feature enhacement request for this.

Thanks,

Brian Meade

I am using firmware version sipdx650.10-0-2-32 on my DX650 and have enabled mobility on the FCP. I can see the mobility button, but I do not see the "More --> to Mobile" button during a phone call, nor can I retrieve a call from my DX when I have answered on my Mobile.

Any ideas if the newest firmware has issues?

Adam,

Did this work for you before with an older firmware?

Did you make sure you have the owner user ID set on the DX650 to a user that has mobility enabled?  If you look on the line configuration, does it show the remote destination?

Brian

I just tried to downgrade to the older firmware and still no luck. And yes, the owner user ID does have mobility enabled. I am using extension mobility, could this be the issue? I have set the FCP on the EM profile.

Yea, I'm also having trouble getting this working with extension mobility.  I'll let you know what I find.

Just as FYI

In addition to configuring the traditional phone server and enabling  extension mobility on the device, for the DX650 one additional setting  must be enabled on the device level.

1) In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, select  Device > Phone.

2) Find a Cisco DX600 Series phone to configure for extension mobility multi-user.

3)  In the Product Specific Configuration Layout  portion of the Device  Configuration window for a Cisco DX600 Series  phone, select the Enabled value for the Multi-User drop-down list box.

4) Save and Apply Config.

Once  Multi-User has been enabled you can access EM from Settings >  Personal > Extension Mobility or from the lock screen "Sign in as New  User" in the top left.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35904

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Yea, I've got extension mobility working fine.  It just doesn't work with the Feature Control Policy correctly apparently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: