Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 firmware upgrade

Rino Salerno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a DX650 as phone, it was freezed ( It worked for weeks ) and I think that is a firmware issue. I tried to upgrade the firmware but when I upload the firmware on the cucm from the TFTP file management I have the " connection not secure " error.

There is another procedure to upload the firmware ( or upgrade the DX from tftpd32 for example ) or how I can resolve the " connection not secure " error?

The error appears when I upload the file "pkg1.dx650.10-2-5-215.tgz" that is 470MB

Thanks,

Regards

7 Replies 7

BLENDERS_PRIDE
Level 1
Level 1

You need to install the firmware (not upload) by going to Software Upgrades > Install/Upgrade, on all servers running TFTP.

Once installation is done, restart TFTP & the phone for firmware upgrade to start.

BLENDERS_PRIDE
Level 1
Level 1

You need to install the firmware (not upload) by going to software upgrade > Install/Upgrade, on all servers running TFTP.

Once installation is done, restart TFTP & phones for the firmware upgrade to start.

Hi Rino,

May I know your UCM version?

I believe you are uploading the wrong file if you are using call manager software upgrade option. the package file can be installed by manually copied to TFTP servers once you successfully unzip the package.

I suggest you download the correct firmware [file name start with cmterm] from below URL https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284721679/type/282074288/release/10.2%25285.215%2529ES and follow the procedure as below;
1. Using your web browser, log in to the Cisco Unified OS Administration web page.
2. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.
3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the files you downloaded above and click Next.
4. In the Options/Upgrades drop-down box, select a file you downloaded above and click Next.
5. After validating that the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.
6. Check the installation log and verify that the file was installed successfully.
7. To install another file, click Install Another and repeat steps 5 – 8.
8. Log in to Cisco Unified Serviceability web page.
9. Under the Tools menu, select Control Center - Feature Services.
10. Select the Cisco TFTP service, and click the Restart button.

Regards,
Shalid
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Shalid, I installed the .cop file and now I see the firmware files. I installed on both server and restart both tftp service.

The cucm version is the 11.5.1

I need to restart other service?

Now I see the new firmware in the device default page, and in the " phone load name " i wrote "sipdx650.10-2-5-215.loads"

Thanks,

Regards.

Hi Rino,

you don't have to reboot any other services if you are only upgrading the firmware for an existing phone type. 

if you are adding new device type in your call manager, then depends on the version either you require a cluster reboot or Tomcat services or Cisco CallManager service on the publisher node if you have this service enabled on Pub. 

you can find the reference on Install a Device Pack or Individual Firmware

Regards,

Shalid. 

Please remember to rate useful posts or marked as answered if the solution resolve your issue. 

Thanks for your feedback. Yes i'm only upgrading, but the phone is still freezed on the Cisco logo.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Regards.

Reset the device, if it doesn't work I advice you to restart the tomcat and then call manager cluster as the final resolution.

Regards, Shalid