cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 not Registering to CUCM 10.5.2

John Faltys
Level 1
Level 1

I created a device with the proper MAC address and one DN for a DX650.

I use option 150 to set tftp server via dhcp.

So when the DX650 get's its ip address, it shows the appropriate cucm as tftp server.

After a couple of reboots, it finally figured out it's suppose to down load the latest firmware 10.2.4.46 and then it rebooted.

However it does not register.

What could be the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In my case, it was because CUCM 10.5.x had a bug regarding use of a CA Certificate key len of 4096.  Not supported.

The root CA is using a key len of 4096. This keylen is not supported due to defect CSCur67631. We regenerated the callmanager.pem, updated CTL file, restarted tomcat, callmanager service and TFTP. After that DX650 started to work. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Can you share cucm traces to see where the registration is failing 

Here is the mycap.cap

It is the dx650 at 192.168.0.154

Have you resolved this issue. I am trying to register my new dx650. added cop file and restarted tftp but its not registering. It is getting ip & tftp. but its saying phone features unavailable.

a clusterwise reboot required . have you performed that

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

nope. I tried to reboot pub and manully register it.. we have 2 more sub..

In my case, it was because CUCM 10.5.x had a bug regarding use of a CA Certificate key len of 4096.  Not supported.

The root CA is using a key len of 4096. This keylen is not supported due to defect CSCur67631. We regenerated the callmanager.pem, updated CTL file, restarted tomcat, callmanager service and TFTP. After that DX650 started to work. 

Thank you so much for posting this, your a life-saver, I had the same problem in CUCM 11.  FYI for others who might experience this, you have to do this in the order John specified, or it will not work, as I found out by restarting the services in a different order.  Prior to restarting services, update the CTL, as John stated, and to update the CTL file go to command line of CUCM and enter the command:

utils ctl update CTLFile

I see in the pcap that it is trying to

GET /SEP...

and then a not found.

But when I manually get that same file it can download it fine.

However, I do not have a / in front of it.  Why is there a slash in front of it?

Name is right I believe as it seems to be requesting the correct file.

Actually it is looking for a .sgn file which do not seem to exist.

Not sure why when the COP.SGN was installed.  Here is a log from the install.