Views
Helpful
Replies

DX650 - outbound call fast busy tone / 400 Bad Request

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

We recently hookup a DX650 as business requirement but cross strange issue. Inbound internal/PSTN call works fine but get reorder tone when make outbound PSTN call.

CM 10.5.2.13043-3

DX650 sipdx650.10-2-5-207 (which is the latest one)

calling: 28094

called: +61423348232

CUBE capture shows that 400 Bad Request came back from carriage.

When i look the INVITE send out, I dont see any issue but we get 400 Bad Request from carriage.

As per RFC 4566, it is valid to send multiple m= line in INVITE.

Any idea why this issue happen?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Might be worth comparing an outbound DX call to a standard VOIP endpoint call.

It's probably being rejected by the SP due to something odd in the SDP from the DX related to video.

You could try the solution at the end of this bug ID - put the CUBE trunk in a non-video enabled region, so that video stuff isn't sent out. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc62078/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Aaron is correct, I have seen this issue related to video capabilities in SDP. Once you add a new region you can define codec relationship intra-region (within itself) and intra-region.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Might be worth comparing an outbound DX call to a standard VOIP endpoint call.

It's probably being rejected by the SP due to something odd in the SDP from the DX related to video.

You could try the solution at the end of this bug ID - put the CUBE trunk in a non-video enabled region, so that video stuff isn't sent out. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc62078/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the URL posted.

Trying to understand workaround - Create a new region on CUCM with video disabled.

When create region it only ask the region name. I assume that I need adjust max bit rate for video call to None between all phone regions and trunk region?

Fei

Aaron is correct, I have seen this issue related to video capabilities in SDP. Once you add a new region you can define codec relationship intra-region (within itself) and intra-region.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: