cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dx650 stops making calls suddenly!

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a DX650 phones for managers that for no reason stop making calls and get unregistered from the cucm 10.5 , only restarting it fix the issue , i have about 20 of them and only three that are experiencing this issue , all of them are running the same version and i checked the phone interface and there isn't any errors or drops on it , please help me

6 Replies 6

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Basel,

Kindly answer below queries

1. Are the phones on latest firmware version?

2. Is there a fixed amount of time after which the phone unregisters?

3. How the phone is connected to CUCM? Is it like CUCM -- LAN (SW) -- DX650

1-no

2- not sure as it takes pretty long time for it to happen sometimes weeks

3- phone >> edge switch >> core switch >> trunk to the ucs where the cucm is located as a VM

Hi Basel,

Can you access the web GUI of phone http://<phone ip> and check if you see some errors? you can also pull phone logs from there for the duration phone got unregistered.

Packet capture (pcap) would be helpful but you currently don't how much time it takes to unregisters so it will be difficult to keep captures running.

where can i see errors in the phone gui??? also the phone logs can be grabbed from the console logs , correct??

It can be a firmware issue with the phone , take the phone to the latest version and see if it makes any difference or not.

You can also collect the PCAPs from phone to see what is causing the issue if firmware change does not resolve it. 

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

what is the PCAPS? and how do i collect them?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: