cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Wallpaper

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've followed the (limited) DX80 manual instructions on supplying a Wallpaper for the DX80, but it's not working. The DX80 isn't using the wallpaper, nor is the wallpaper listed if you go into settings.

1. Do you need to specify a List.xml for the DX80?
  2. In the background image field for the device in CCMAdmin, do you need to specify the bare filename (e.g. filename.png), or the full TFTP path (Desktops/1600x1280x24/filename.png) ?

I've had a quick look at the console logs from the web interface, and I can't see anything obvious there.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
18 Replies 18

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of things Gordon:

1) Please make sure that the image you are using there should strictly be 2985x1080 in size

2) Choose the path as Desktops/2985x1080x24

Edit to the O.P., refer to below defect and there is no need for List.xml file as you use for other phone models:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut54061/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

1 - file is the correct size and colour depth:

$ file uni_shield_1.png
uni_shield_1.png: PNG image data, 2985 x 1280, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

2 - The file is in the (new) correct path:

3 - And it's specified on the device:

Doing a Wireshark, I can't see the DX80 making any TFTP requets. It only makes HTTP requests.

(Oh, and it's using the wrong NTP servers...)

Suggestions?

GTG

Did you try restarting the TFTP service on all the applicable servers Gordon.

Regards

Deepak

Yep:

$ tftp 172.18.0.35
tftp> get Desktops/2985x1080x24/uni_shield_1.png
Received 2471939 bytes in 2.9 seconds

GTG

Your image size is 2985 x 1280 that is correct as per the Documentation and once uploaded it should be resized to 2985 x 1080 on its own but can you upload the image itself as 2985 x 1080 and then try

Regards

Deepak

Er, do you mean to say upload a 2985 x 1080 image? If so, do I put it in the Desktops/2985x1080x24 directory instead?

GTG

That is correct, upload the image with the dimensions of 2985 x 1080 instead of 2985 x 1280 and put it in the Desktops/2985x1080x24 folder then.

Regards

Deepak

I've uploaded a 2985x1080x24 image into the Desktops/2985x1080x24 folder, reset the DX80 and....no joy :-(

GTG

Gordon - did you figure this out?

Thanks,
Dan

Currently have a TAC case open about this. TAC are confused. My wallpaper works on their DX80s, but not mine.

GTG

Solved the issue at last!

Despite the device having a setting for specifying the wallpaper, you can't set it on the device.

You have to use a common device profile. Set the wallpaper there, set the DX80 to use the profile and it works a treat.

<rant>Why would you offer a setting that doesn't work??</rant>

GTG

The observant will notice that I actually put the 2985x1280 file in the wrong directory. I've corrected that and still no joy.

My concern is that Wireshark is NOT showing any TFTP requests from the device. It only makes HTTP, and none of those are for the wallpaper.

GTG

Hi Gordon,

in the "Background Image" field, you should put only the name of the file (uni_shield_1.png) instead the full path

BTW - The details of BugID CSCut54061 has been updated to include what the correct path is.

GTG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: