cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164 in using non-US numbering plan (How to strip off 0???)

alex.jeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm currently designing E.164 globalization in using New Zealand dial plan.

As far I understand, lots of country is using 0 stared area-code for long distance and mobile calls.

e.g. In NZ, Vodafone mobile is starting with 021.

I wonder how to normalise the number from 021XXXXXX to +6421XXXXXX when using @?

Do I have to specify every single patterns for e.164 globalisation?

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have been playing around with the following:

Localized translation pattern for the site.  IE... if they dial 7digits, I translate it to e.164.

The e.164 pattern will then hit a Route pattern either site specific or cluster wide Local Route Group pattern.

From there, I can apply Transformation Pattern at the gateway it hits.  So if it matches an e.164 such as +9.14085551212, I can predot and then prepend anything I want or strip and send it off to the gateway (h323, SIP, MGCP, etc).  This seems to the direction builds are moving to.   Called Party transformation patterns will help you with this.   Just need to understand the concept and you are set to go.

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

Check out the Cisco live virtual site. It has some great sessions you can watch or download on dial plan fundamentals and advanced. Covers the e164 stuff and how it fits in very well. All free now too.

Also i believe INE and Ip Expert have some free material on their sites too.

Cheers,

Tim

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if you are looking to use globalize numbering

you can use the pattern \+.! instead of 0.@

and on the translation patterns level you convert/translate the numbers from it s local form to the global form which then will be routed via the \+.! if you are using the local route group concept then the call will use the local/relevant route group to route the call out to the PSTN

however to make sure that you send the call to the PSTN/teleco with the correct format as local, international ..etc without the + you will need transformation patterns/masks to be used on the voice Gateway level to normalize/localize the numbers as desired

hope this help

if helpful Rate

alex.jeon
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys for your response.

I'm asking in case of using non-US dial plan which contains 0 in the area code.

For example of New Zealand dial-plan, I have the following router pattern;

1.@ / PSTN_PT --> LOCAL_RL --> Standard Local Route Group

In case of e.164 globalisation, the local TUI will be normalised to e.164 format using translation pattern.

If I'd like to use 1.@ / LOC2GLO_PT in translation pattern, how can I strip off 0 in @ pattern?

It would be good if the prefix notation in translation pattern can take the form PP:SS, where PP represents the digits to be prefixed and SS represents a quantity of digits to be stripped.

Cheers,

Alex.

The reason of using @ is reducing the amount of pattern for PSTN call as well as avoiding the inter-digit timeout.

I'm only using ! for international call.

Cheers,

Alex.

ok first you need to install NZ dial plan in CUCM to be able to use the .@

with the @ you need to use a mask to make sure the 0 stiped

but it will be unseen as with static route patterns you have more control

however as i mentiond if you have route patterns with 1.@

in the Gateway level apply transformation CSS for outgoing calls that has access to transformation patterns of called numbers with more spicifc patterns to remove the 0

and do not use the @ on the translation patterns

use it only with the route patterns if you want to

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: